Updated: Mar 1
This post includes the best baking essentials ranging from attire, instructional/recipe books, specialty ingredients, bakeware and more. This is your one stop shop filled with great gift ideas that will delight your loved ones who have a knack for baking. Some items can be used for an array of baked goods and a few items are for bakers who have a niche for pies, cookies or cakes. These gift suggestions will dazzle bakers from novice to professional levels.
I'm an Amazon Associate and I hope you enjoy the products I recommend. I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no additional charge to you. Thank you if you use my links, I really appreciate it!
Favorites for All Bakers
1. Nom nom nom, channel your inner Cookie Monster with this limited edition of “the world’s best apron” by Hadley & Bennett. The quality of these aprons is exceptional and they come in an array of patterns and designs, each with a lifetime guarantee.
2. This book is so resourceful I got myself a second copy as I’ve worn down the spine from my first one. This guide provides modern and classice flavor trends, troubleshooting tips for correcting common baking and pastry problems, illustrations of specialty pastry products and equipment and so much more. Definetely a must have reference for bakers of all levels.
3. Infuse your cookies, pies and cakes with this aromatic 6-piece holiday spice set by King Arthur Flour. As your baked goods spring to life in the oven, enjoy the added fragrance of these limited edition spices as they permeate throughout the kitchen and the rest of your home.
4. Take your tastebuds on a global tour with this Nielsen-Massey International Vanilla Starter Kit as the Mexican Vanilla Extract adds a subtle pop of spice and enhances chocolate flavored foods, the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract is the all-purpose go-to extract for any baked goods and pastries that call for adding vanilla and the exotic floral and fruity notes from the Tahitian Vanilla Extract will enhance cold desserts such as homemade ice creams and puddings to name a few.
5. For the chocolate lover in your life, this Scharffen Berger 6-piece chocolate baking bar gift box will result in shrieks of delight as the deep cacao flavors ranging from a semi-sweet to extra dark will take your desserts to a whole new dimension of smooth decadence.
6. This book by Michael Ruhlman contains perfectly proportioned 'ratios' that will easily step up your game from novice to professional level culinary and baking master as you'll have access to creating a plethora of recipes ranging from doughs, batters, sauces and so much more.
7. All professional bakers will agree that weighing your ingredients results in the most accurate results, which yields the best tasting baked goods. The Escali Primo Digital Scale is multifunctional and features an easy to use two-button operation. The sealed control panel and rounded design makes the scale easy to keep clean and is very durable (mine is going on 10 years). They're available in a selection of vibrantly playful colors.
8. No more randomly missing measuring spoons as this set is magnetized and dual sided which allows for easy stacking and space saving. One side measures dry and the other wet ingredients from 1/8 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. It also includes a leveler for clean and accurate measurements of dry ingredients.
9. You'll get so much use out of these Pyrex mixing bowls as they're essential for aiding in food prep and storage purposes. The value for this microwave and dishwasher safe set of bowls ranging from 1 - 2.5 quarts is unbeatable as these are constantly selling out.
10. The KitchenAid 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer Artisan Series takes center stage when whipping up your scrumptious baked goods as the powerful 325-watt motor with 10-speed slide control will easily mix up any doughs and batters. This model includes a flat beater, dough hook and wire whip and has a power hub for additional attachments (purchased separately). The stand mixers come in a variety of color options, including this sleek matte black.
Favorites for the Pie Baker
11. The Perfect Pie is the definitive guide to gorgeous pies and tarts. Maybe you want to master homespun pies that celebrate seasonal produce, or get creative with pastry-encased canvases for modern flavor profiles. No matter your pie preference, this collection will inspire you to bake. Also included are excellent pictorials and written instructions to up your game with creating intricate and decorative pie tops.
12. This adjustable rolling pin by Joseph Joseph evenly flattens dough for pizza and pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and more to ensure uniform baking. The rolling pin has four pairs of colorful, removable discs which raise the rolling pin to the required thickness of 1/16-inch, 1/6-inch, 1/4-inch and 3/8-inch off the counter.
13. GREENRAIN’s silicone pastry mat is a quality product at an exceptional price that will lay flat on your countertop without moving or bunching up as you roll and work pastry and pie dough and fondant to name a few. It 's stain-proof and stick-resistant, so no greasing is required! it also includes dimension, volume, and weight conversions to easily convert a recipe or roll out pie dough to the perfect length and thickness. Roll out pastry dough like a pro.
14. Create a signature lattice piecrust with this easy-to-use pie crust mold by Wilton – no manual technique required. This user friendly tool makes it simple to form three decorative designs.
15. This 9 inch ceramic pie plate by Rose Levy Beranbaum (baking legend) has been specially designed to support substantial pies such as apple pie and can also be used for baking savory items such as quiches or serving vegetables and other items.
Essentials for the Cookie Baker
16. A disher/cookie scoop by Vollrath like the one pictured here will ensure each cookie is uniform in size so your batch bakes evenly. The dishers range in sizes and I tend to use size 20 disher/cookie scoop which equals approximately 3.25 tablespoons of cookie dough.
17. This innovative non-stick and dishwasher safe 3-in-1 container is the best way to shape, store and freeze your homemade cookie dough. With its slim profile and stackable design, Smart Cookie is ideal for freezing. The flexible material makes food portions easy to remove.
18. Nordic Ware natural aluminum commercial baker's half sheet pans are the most durable baking sheet pans I've used and they're made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability. Your cookies will bake and brown evenly due to the aluminum’s superior heat conductivity.
19. Turn any baking pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up using Silpat's premium non-stick silicone baking mats made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking. This is another item that has lasted me years and yields perfectly golden batches of cookies.
20. If you're short on kitchen counter space, this sturdy, 4-tier design, rack by Linden Sweden is great for pizza stones, baking sheets and muffin tins! Measuring 13” in height, it accommodates multiple pans at the same time, instantly freeing your counter, table and stovetop space.
For the Cake Baker
21. America's Test Kitchen takes the cake with this perfectly designed recipe book as it guides bakers of all levels with its great pictorials and scrumptiously formulated recipes for all kinds of cakes, cupcakes and cake pops.
22. When you're looking to mesmerize with a standout cake, Nordic Ware has got you covered with this go-to Bundt pan when your occasion calls for over-the-top elegance. This model is one of several handsome pan shapes for all seasons. The heavy cast aluminum ensures uniform baking and browning to enhance the many unique and beautiful designs.
23. Baking is about precision and it doesn't get any more precise when you've got Lavatool's Javelin pro digital instant read thermometer. Take the guesswork out of determining if your homemade cakes and frostings have reached the proper temperature, this device delivers a 1-3 second ultra-fast response time with an accuracy better than ±0.9°F.
24. With over 1K five star ratings, this cast iron cake stand by Ateco is the "Cadillac" of all cake stands. The stand has an ergonomic, revolving mechanism which allows you to spin your cake so you can access all sides and angles for easier icing and decorating. Use it as a display to photograph your beautifully decorated cakes. It also comes with a non-slip pad to keep your cakes secure while decorating.
25. This professional quality 8-piece cake decorating set by Ateco contains one standard coupler, one 10-inch plastic coated decorating pastry bag and six assorted decorating tubes, instructions and a recipe booklet to guide you with decorating your cakes with fun and ease.
Thank you for reading this post and let me know how much you enjoyed it by dropping a comment below. Have a sweet day! ~Xina